W203 ( face lift ) digital display not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Remmoc

Car
C180 Kompressor
This poxy car will be the death of me

Digital ( LCD ) on the dash just shows a white light , no digits , numbers , letters - just nothing , top turns red if i drive with the door open so the back lights working

Any idea as to whats gone wrong before i set fire to the feckin thing:mad:

I should set fire to the feckin' thing. Used to have this problem with my Jurassic Casio calculator. Before that it was failing LEDs on my Texas Instruments one.

UPDATE - Just opened the door to get some shopping out and its all working again - didnt even put the key in - WTF :wallbash:
Any ideas now ???????

well it kind of works now , clock wont reset and and is frozen at 10.50 and wont manually adjust , trip doesnt reset after 4 hours either - any ideas
PLEASE HELP

Last edited:
More info
its not got command , just system 20 , radio remembers all the channels fine , it wont rest trip after 4 hours which it used too , i cant set the / swap kilometers / miles or remove them and add the outside temp instead , i cant turn off the outside auto find the car in the dark lights which i used to be able too or turn on / off the auto locking - menu has just vanished

More info , just the clock now - cant set time at all and no 12h/24h sub menu . where exactly does the clock get its info from , theres no command on this

UPDATE .
This morning for no reason whatsoever the clock and date came back from its summer vacation or wherever its been and its working.
OK it was an hour and a half out and still in 2003 but its back .
Reset the time and date OK and currently its actually correct
Figure that one out :confused:

It's a Mercedes :wallbash:

Might be a red herring but they can do weird things if the battery is low.

I noticed mine was on a completely random time a few months ago, but it reset OK and has been fine since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom