W203 facelift comand and reverse camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Littledigger

Car
CLK 2004 270CDI
Hi guys

I bought a reversing camera from fleebay, installed it and connected the power to the reverse light, got a fakra to phono leed and plugged it into the green port of the comand but the camera will not show either when I select reverse or when I press the video button on the comand unit. I've tested the camera using another screen and all works but the comand unit just says no video input. I removed fuse 64 to try resetting comand and still no joy. I've tried to get into the engineering mode of comand by pressing Serv - lang - holding down phone hang up and upper left selection but just cannot access engineering mode to check for a setting. The dealer says in doesn't need star to activate so I'm now lost on what to do.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

AFAIK the 203 COMAND doesn't support video in.

Alfie or Richard will be along shortly with the definitive answer

Also confused why I can't access the engineering menu. Though I have the Bluetooth phone module plugged in, would this for some reason affect me accessing engineering mode?

Assuming you have NTG2 (which you should unless you've taken the NTG2.5 from a Dec 2009 203 coupe and retrofitted it), then it does not support reverse camera. The green fakra is for TV tuner and only enabled when COMAND sees TV tuner on the fibre optic network.

How are you trying to access engineering menu. Theres not a lot to do in hidden menus on NTG2

Richard

Thanks Richard, looks like I'll be looking for an upgrade to ntg2.5. I was wondering if engineering mode would offer me some help but now not needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom