W203 Facelift Wiring Diagram Engine Management

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheMOTman

Car
C220 CDI & everything else...
Anyone point me in the direction of a decent wiring diagram for the engine management for a C220 CDI 2005? As usual AutoData is useless.

Fault code coming up as dpf sensor (pressure differential) e.g pipes/hoses blocked/split. Goes into limp mode, clear fault and all is well for a few mins.

DPF sensor is brand new. DPF is brand new. Pipes are clear, not split, not blocked. Sensor has 3 wires, just wondering what's what and where they go so I don't have to cut the whole loom apart.

I assume one is ground, one 5v reference and one signal wire? Pin 1 Red/Green, Pin 2 Brown, Pin 3 Yellow/Green

One of them has to be open cct...? :dk:

Did you use a genuine sensor?

No fraid not... didn't like the price.. got the latest type though.. apparently?

This is for a jeep wrangler [ chrysler]
I am going to guess the pin convention is the same? :dk:
1 sensor piezo membrane
2 ground
3 supply 5 volt

should be easy to test with a meter on the unit connector with ignition on?

7a036bb7.gif

No fraid not... didn't like the price.. got the latest type though.. apparently?

They are not expensive, around £50.

New genuine sensor, tell the car it's had one and carry out forced regen with a machine and then make sure all soot/particulate values are at zero or reset.

Many thanks, I guess a DPF sensor is much like any other DPF sensor... wonder what I'm looking for on pin 1 though - is it a square wave or just a fluctuating voltage?

Thanks old chap. Done a forced regen in fact two. However the first one did not work properly, not overly sure the second one done it for long enough, so replaced the dpf anyway, not sure my diagnostics will allow me to tell it - its had a new sensor or to reset soot values (although it should) Autel DS708. Strangely enough it wont do an auto scan on this model either although it will on an A class etc, possibly a software fault. MOT centre has a Launch that I can use. Thanks again, great info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom