W203 Facelifted Rain Sensor Wipers Retrofit??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horsesuitedfool

Car
C63 AMG Saloon & GL550
Hi all, new to this place as you may be able to tell...Had Audi before so now bought a Merc and thought would join this forum.....I have more mods than you can shake a stick at to do to my C Class including brabus springs, brabus alloys, AMG bumpers and skirts, new leather trim, comand, dvd and TV, remap, various retrofits like sensor wipers and hopefully coding changes to auto fold the mirrors etc etc. So my first post was about the wipers, i found a few threads on here saying it can be done but nothing concrete on what i need and how to do it, anyone got any advise?? I do have auto lights already if that makes a difference.......Cheers...

You will need a new windscreen with the appropriate sensors fitted......I think someone on this forum has successfully transplanted the correct sensors onto his existing screen, but seems like a tricky job to do even if you can get the correct parts.

Bugger, i was hoping it was going to be easier than that!! Although i do need a new windscreen so maybe i could claim it has auto wipers when i get that changed on the windscreen insurance???? Do you know what else i need or how i get them to work automatically if i have the sensors in the windscreen?? Cheers for the help....:thumb:

There are a couple of threads regarding this if you do a search.

Most people seem to tell insurers that they have rain sensors when windscreen replaced, even if they don't for this very reason....

I think you will need to get a new connector box to replace the one behind the windscreen, although I think this plugs directly into the existing loom.

You will also need to get your car to a Star machine to get it coded correctly.

Others on this forum will know more than me....I am in same situation as you....waiting for my windscreen to crack so I can justify a new one with correct sensors!!

Ok, first things first then i need a new W/S, i may just throw and brick at it tonight! :bannana:

Ok, first things first then i need a new W/S, i may just throw and brick at it tonight! :bannana:

A centre punch 30mm in from the edge works better and less chance of damaging the paintwork... Those bricks tend to bounce!! :eek::D

This is insurance fraud!

Please wait patiently for the screen to crack on it's own; I only had to wait just over five years and approximately 100k miles.

Ok yes i will indeed wait for it to crack from its own natural causes or indeed some mindless idot that could vandalise just the windscreen.....haha

This is insurance fraud!

Please wait patiently for the screen to crack on it's own; I only had to wait just over five years and approximately 100k miles.

You're quite lucky. For me it's +- 2yrs (same mileage though...:rolleyes:)

In fairness i was going to replace the screen anyway as it has chips all over it and is pitted really badly, so bad that the wipers just smear even with new ones.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom