W203 faulty left turn mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zebmapara

Car
w203 2006 c180 avan
was having problems with my passenger folding mirror indicator and had a message on my dash as well. indicator only came on when mirrors are folded and as soon as u open them up, the left mirror was faulty. guys remember its also an MOT failure. so i took my time in the garage, opened up the mirror and was shocked with what i saw, broken wires and may i point out that all the other wires were broken as well and this affected the heated mirrors see pictures below............i managed to sort it out

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 101
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 102
Bah. had to sort this out on the W211. Hoped it was not an issue on the W203.

You would have thought that Merc might have wondered the effect of all this folding/unfolding might be on the loom....

mercedes romford wanted 120 pounds for that job, 80 for labour and 40 for parts. and guess what i had to cut a wire from my home cinema and fit it in........

first adjust the mirror so that its not sticking out of the housing, fold the mirrors, were the mirror is attached to the door u see a black plastic cover, take it out carefully and look inside at the back of yo mirror and u see a silver clip, u need a flat screw driver or kitchen knife, push the clip towards the back of the housing and with the other hand push the housing gently towards the direction of the back of the car and whala o
its off. just be gently and try not to break anything

just to mek sure its not the led, u can remove it from the housing and try it on the other door. from what i gather the leds are meant to last a life time. all my wiring were broken and also my mirror heating, and mirror position adjusting. gud luck

just to mek sure its not the led, u can remove it from the housing and try it on the other door. from what i gather the leds are meant to last a life time. all my wiring were broken and also my mirror heating, and mirror position adjusting. gud luck
Nope it's the LED. Looks like bad contacts on the two pin plug. If I wiggle it about it works OK. I took it apart and cleaned male and female connections but the LED unit is sealed. Working for now. If it goes again I will need to get a replacement. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom