W203 Fibre loop HELP!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

horsesuitedfool

Car
C63 AMG Saloon & GL550
I took comand out of my W203 as it was written off and replaced it by 'borrowing' an audio 20 from my G/F C Class coupe. I noticed however that her had no orange fibre cables whereas mine did. So when putting comand into hers temporarily it obviously didnt work..... My question is when i buy my new W203 with an audio 20 and swap it out and install it into her car will it definitely work with/without fibre loop or can some audio 20 units differ if a car has/has not fibre loop?? Also do any of them have security coding or anything?? Sorry if bit confusing....!!:D Cheers...

I took comand out of my W203 as it was written off and replaced it by 'borrowing' an audio 20 from my G/F C Class coupe. I noticed however that her had no orange fibre cables whereas mine did. So when putting comand into hers temporarily it obviously didnt work..... My question is when i buy my new W203 with an audio 20 and swap it out and install it into her car will it definitely work with/without fibre loop or can some audio 20 units differ if a car has/has not fibre loop?? Also do any of them have security coding or anything?? Sorry if bit confusing....!!:D Cheers...

The units are not coded with a pin so no worries there.

You can easily sort out the fibre by putting in a loop if its needed or of course get the unit(s) coded for the car. However, if the audio20 comes from a car without any fibre and her car has fibre then it will most likely need coding.

i think fibre optics would be the of the car has phone, cd changer etc, and would not have otherwise

The units are not coded with a pin so no worries there.

You can easily sort out the fibre by putting in a loop if its needed or of course get the unit(s) coded for the car. However, if the audio20 comes from a car without any fibre and her car has fibre then it will most likely need coding.

Yes the car its coming out of has phone prep so im guessing it will have a fibre loop then and hers has no phone or cd or anything so no fibre. So will i need to bring it to you then to get it to work once i swapped it over?? Cheers...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom