W203 Fog light bulb replacement.Contortionist required?

DSM10000

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, RR 4.2 SC
I tried to replace the front fog light bulbs on my W203 saloon yesterday.

The drivers side I could just reach through the engine bay but could only get one hand down to it and although I could rotate and release the bulb I could not release the connector. The passenger side I cannot see any way of reaching from above.

It looks easier / essential to remove the undertray. How is this fixed? torx screws or other fastners?:dk:

Thank you.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
I had a front wheel off ours at the weekend in a now abandoned attempt to change pads and discs.

I did notice a panel in the front wheel arch liner which appears to unbolt. Just a random guess but I wonder if that would give access.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
Note that that's a 2002 (pre-facelift) car in the link above - for 2004+ cars this may be slightly different, though not much.

Wizeng

Car
W203 220CDI A/G Sport Est
The easiest??? way to replace the foglamp bulbs is to pull the front bumper forwards, after that it's a doddle.

OP
OP
DSM10000

DSM10000

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, RR 4.2 SC
The easiest??? way to replace the foglamp bulbs is to pull the front bumper forwards, after that it's a doddle.

Well that may be the "easiest way" but that sounds faintly ridiculous in terms of a design for a safety related item.

Pulling the bumper forward does not sound like a 5 minute job?:dk:

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
Well that may be the "easiest way" but that sounds faintly ridiculous in terms of a design for a safety related item.

Pulling the bumper forward does not sound like a 5 minute job?:dk:

Seems unnecessary with the flap but would not be unheard of.

I had to take the bumper off a Volvo to change a fog lamp unit a couple of weeks ago, made a bigger fath as they had used pop rivets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom