w203 FRONT AND REAR BRAKES - QUOTATION

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zebmapara

Car
w203 2006 c180 avan
HI guys just came back from my INDY, he wants 197.00 pounds to do front and rear brakes on w203 2006 and here is the breakdown

LABOUR 1.6HR 88.00
FRONT PADS 38.00
REAR PADS 26.00
SENSOR 9.00
CLEANER 5.00
plus VAT 20%

IS IT EXPENSIVE, can i do the jb myself, anyone done it before
thanks

It does not sound too bad...
Not sure about the 'cleaner' though

If he takes 1.6 hours, then its reasonable...he has to eat.

You can do it yourself.

IMO The quote is not unreasonable. It is not a difficult job to do, but you need to be sure that you do not need disc's as well and check them prior to fitting the pad's or you will end up with false economy and doing the job twice.

Regards.

HI guys just came back from my INDY, he wants 197.00 pounds to do front and rear brakes on w203 2006 and here is the breakdown

LABOUR 1.6HR 88.00
FRONT PADS 38.00
REAR PADS 26.00
SENSOR 9.00
CLEANER 5.00
plus VAT 20%

IS IT EXPENSIVE, can i do the jb myself, anyone done it before
thanks

Where abouts in London are you?

I agree with Olly here. Rear pads are about £40, fronts are £53 plus the dreaded. Sounds like they are using Pagid parts (no bad really) from ECP.

i need my brakes done in north london too...anyone have any idea of a good place? where was your quote from zebmapara? will it cost more/less cos mines a C203 diesel coupe?

So whats the feeling about genuine pads against pattern ones? This is my first Merc and while with previous makes have been ok with pattern pads when I got this car checked it and replaced part worn pattern pads which it had with genuine all round. Felt better! And even better later when brake fluid changed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom