W203 front lower arm/bush replacement cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whybi

Car
C200k W203
Hi guys

I need your help.

Today, I brought my 2001 w203 c200 to the local garage to do the MOT testing and they found the fault on both of the Front suspension arm bushes.

They told me I need to replace the whole arms as well and it will cost nearly 200 pounds each side including the labour, so nearly 400 pounds in total. They say it will take about 3hours to do it.

What do you guys think? Do you think it's reasonable? I would have thought it's less than 2hrs job. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards

Boris

Last edited:
depending on what arms they are , i have changed both arms on the front .
front arms - £90 each euro parts , £100 to fit .
rear arms - £70 each euro parts , £80 to fit .
i admit the garage that fitted them are close mates of mine and they took 2 hours to do the job .

you maybe better off buying the parts yourself and paying for the labour

Just got mine changed (front arm/track rod) for £280.00 inc labour.

Thank you guys. Yup, am in London but anyway I thought 3 hrs of labour to change the two front suspension arms were a bit too long..

Had my offside arm done recently together with new front discs and pads. As Matty said above you can get a very significant discount from Eurocarparts on your bits by using this club discount code. (pop it into the search function)
Just one thing to consider and i am not trying to increase your costs but after fitting only the one side my w203 now pulls to the nearside carriageway. Nothing else has changed on the car. Had tracking/ alignment checked/altered and it made no difference. So.. am considering doing the other side now as well although it doesn't seem to be worn like the offside was and which i had to change for the MOT. Just something to consider.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom