W203 Glass mounted Antenna position

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

High-Lo

MB Enthusiast
Car
2013 X166 Mercedes GL350, Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, Porsche 968 Cabriolet
Hi all,

Has anyone got one of these on their facelift W203's? More commonly found on 2005/06 models. I just need to know if the antenna base is mounted with the longer side of the base positioned at the top or the bottom. Can anyone check for me please?

Attachments

• Antenna.JPG
    Antenna.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 85
Just checked mine - the short side of the base is at the top

Thanks very much mate :)
Strangely I've seen it the other way round too so guess there isn't a standard way.

Mine is the estate so may account for it? May however just be whether the guy in the factory fancied it one way or the other:D

Are you able to confirm if the "stick" element of the antenna unscrews?

Mine appears to have been chewed and although it works perfectly, it upsets my aesthetic sense and I would like to get it changed.

Previous owner must have taken it through the monkey enclosure at the safari park! (We always take the wife's Focus when we go!)

Yep sure does unscrew. £20 for a new one :)

Are you able to confirm if the "stick" element of the antenna unscrews?

Mine appears to have been chewed and although it works perfectly, it upsets my aesthetic sense and I would like to get it changed.

Previous owner must have taken it through the monkey enclosure at the safari park! (We always take the wife's Focus when we go!)

how funny that you should say that. i have had mine chewed by a cat a couple of days ago. i say a cat because it left paw prints all over the bonnet, windscreen and roof...lol

how funny that you should say that. i have had mine chewed by a cat a couple of days ago. i say a cat because it left paw prints all over the bonnet, windscreen and roof...lol

Hey Ghummy would you mind checking which way up yours is if you have a saloon? Cheers :)

yes i have the 2005 saloon, i will check for you tommorow morning if thats ok matey...

yes i have the 2005 saloon, i will check for you tommorow morning if thats ok matey...

Many thanks matey

the wider part of the antenna is at the bottom whereas the narrower is towards the top...

the wider part of the antenna is at the bottom whereas the narrower is towards the top...

Cheers Ghummy much appreciated!

Thank you High-Lo, your post prompted me to do a little search on glass mounted antennas and subsequently found out these are easily removable :thumb: - I had a really ugly one and was certain I cannot touch it for fear of cracking the windscreen :doh: :doh: :doh: :wallbash:

My windscreen is now clean! :bannana: The inside part will be removed tomorrow ...

Not even sure what that antenna was: a part of Nokia setup (already removed) or Blaupunkt DAB - either way it's gone and I'm happy :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom