W203 grill with Mercedes star

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanMuller

Car
C32 AMG
Hello all,

Hope this is the right section to post in. I'd like to swap the grill on my w203 from the straight grill to one with a star in the middle. I'd also like to get rid of the star on the bonnet. Are there any particular kits or could somebody recommend where I could get a set to update the look?

Thanks
Ry

Hi I did the same as you, got the bonnet badge from Amazon and the star grill from E bay
total cost about £120 but I think it looks great, and no more fear of ripped off bonnet star.

The same grill off eBay comes from China. You can buy it direct from china from a website called AliExpress. Quality will be the same. Price on Ali is 60-80. But the delivery will take 2-3 weeks. For the star, you can replace it with a "plug" badge style one. Either on aliexpress, crappier quality or from the dealer of the coupe models.

Make sure you get the Clk plastic grille release tag or you have hell opening the bonnet.

The grill I bought on Ebay came from Germany.
How do you fix the new grill release tag?I'm having problems with bonnet opening,

The grill I bought on Ebay came from Germany.
How do you fix the new grill release tag?I'm having problems with bonnet opening,

Like a lot of stuff on eBay it was probably part of an order and then resold from Germany. You find the same with loads of stuff such as exhausts etc. Buy in big enough quantity then they will brand or label it for you too. There are entire companies and "brands" built like this like Direnza and Toyosport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom