W203 Headlight Bulbs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick5

Car
W213
Hi i want to replace headlights bulbs of my w203 2005cdi car bulbs are not bright (bit yellowish and no beam pattern i want something white bright with good beam pattern? Don't want xenon just looking to replace bulbs only.
any one use one of these Philips Headlight Bulb (Xtreme Vision PLUS 130% Extra Light H7)?

Many thanks

Either Philips Xtreme or Osram NightBreaker Unlimited will achieve what you are after.

There are other brands as well but these two are the most common ones.

Keep in mind that these bright light bulbs don't let as long as strandard bulbs though, so you might want to keep a spare handy.

Also, you can consider buying four bright bulbs, i.e. for the dipped beam and main beam.

The issue you will have then is that the parking lights will look very yellow in comparison... but there are solutions for that as well :)

Yes, I have just put Xtreme Vision Plus in my new (to me) W209.

They are certainly brighter than whatever were fitted previously and throw a good spread of light that I am quite happy with.

I bought them mainly on the results of the various magazine tests around.

One thing I have noticed is the reduced nearside 'kick-up', but I think that is a function of the W209 reflector design.

Previously, I have used Osram Nightbreakers in my E46, but I think these Philips bulbs give a more even illuminance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom