w203 Initial cold running problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deker

Car
2012 3ltr Jaguar XFS
Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on a problem I have with my car, it starts fine in the cold weather but for the first half mile to a mile it has poor throttle response (it's as if the 'choke' isn't being applied), is there a separate temperature sensor for the cold start or are there any other known problems that cause this?

The temperature gauge seems to be responding correctly (reading around 85 degrees under normal operation) but I'm not sure if this sensor is the same one that the cold start circuit would use?

My cars is a 2006 180K w203

EDIT:

Just to add some history, in a previous post I had a few other problems here, regarding an sensor circuit, this was a faulty lambda sensor, since I replaced it there hasn't been any fault codes so now there is just the cold running problem

Thanks for any advice

Deker

Last edited:
I don't know for sure re the W203, but yes most cars have indeed two separate temp senders one for the ECU and one for the instrument cluster gauge.

It's probably no. 146 in the water pump diagram below:

153900d1239226887-cel-p0128-need-help-m271-cooling-pump-therm.gif

Thanks that's helped, I'll give Mercedes a call and get a price

174469d1263988080-major-w203-m271-meltdown-m271-temp-sensor.jpg

Well it does look like it could be the sensor, the temperature dropped to -2 this morning and worked fine so I'm guessing that it's worn between a certain range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom