W203 Interior Lights not coming on when doors opened

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
With the doors closed, turn on the ignition, wait for about 30 seconds then open a door, any light from the doom?

Dec

Here you go. Fuse chart first of all, in case you don't have a copy. They're usually stored in the fusebox cavity at the end of the dashboard, but have a habit of going AWOL.

If you have trouble reading them, try clicking on the images, not the header, to enlarge, then click on the magnifying glass icon in the bottom right hand corner, and then the same again for larger images.

Interior lights circuit.

Other relevant info which may be helpful.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the effort!

This will definitely help me get sorted.

Ill report back next week so will give it a go this weekend. Thats if this nasty flu dissapears!

Thanks again!

ive got the same problem with my 2004 c200 cdi avantgarde se auto. all interior lights work if i manually turn them on, but none of the doors operate the interior lights or puddle door lights or even the boot light. ive replaced all the bulbs but have no idea where to start any advice would be gratefully received

My lights and switches all work correctly.........just been outside to check them and because it is daylight no lights at all come on not even the interior light so it must be because the light sensor on the screen says they are not needed as it is not night time??

Just twigged if you look at my avatar the lights are on as i am in an underground car park and have just locked the doors.

My lights and switches all work correctly.........just been outside to check them and because it is daylight no lights at all come on not even the interior light so it must be because the light sensor on the screen says they are not needed as it is not night time??

Just twigged if you look at my avatar the lights are on as i am in an underground car park and have just locked the doors.
So, I have a W203 and I noticed today that the courtesy lights weren’t coming on when I opened the doors. So, quick search of this forum and the penny dropped. Couple of years ago I took our SLK into the dealer for the same fault. Didn’t work in the workshop,but worked when they took it back into the car park. Scratching heads all around then they realised the light sensor is an override! Why didn’t I remember!?
Anyway, I haven’t checked mine today but I have no doubt that daylight is the issue!

Cheers,
MarkP

my problem turned to to be complex, in the end i called out an auto electrician that had MB diagnostic equipment and found a totally screwed up fault system with over 100 faults logged. once he had cleared all the faults and reset the computer to factory setting everything, and i mean everything now works exactly as it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom