W203 LEAD Rear Lights/Lense

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
They are supposed to be real LEDs and the exterior finsh is identical/similar to the facelift W220 lenses...

They will however only work on pre face lift cars 2000/2003 as per advert. I wonder if the ECU/computer would throw any erorr codes.... :confused:

Could be a good mod for some here.... :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/00-03-Mercede...607568664QQcategoryZ10398QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They look good, I don't see any reason why they'd not work on any model though, lamps are lamps no matter what technology is in place, it's still a bulb on the end of a cable if you think about it, differences in resistance and drawn current etc can be simulated.

I take it the guy also sells badges ;)

TL_MBZ_W203_LED_06.jpg

LED and "Non LEDs" are available in that style (W220 face lift design). The non LED lenses are fine in that same design/style. However, the LEDs have issues.

Avoid purchasing the "LEDs" (the ones as advertised) as they have numerous problems (which I was able to establish from doing a bit of research):

1). The brake light/normal lights work as a "double filament" bulb in the top cluster only - on a normal W203 the bottom half lense of the unit is the normal light for night driving and the top partition of the lense/cluster is for the brake light. The reason why the LEDs cannot be fitted straight on to face lift cars is becasue the wiring harness was modified. Pre face lift cars have a 6pin connector where face lift have 7 pin connector.

2). On each lense there are 2* LED sections on the unit that do not work and looks a little odd. This is down to a design flaw as the screw that is fixing the circuit board is causing the problem.

The fit is supposed to be goodt hough with bodywork lines/gaps etc. and the quality of the lense is fine.

The units are manufactured in Taiwan.

If anyone is interested than I will try and organsie a group buy for the "Non LED" Rear Lenses by contacting the supplier (s). They would fit all W203 Saloons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom