w203 lowering springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mobeyone

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280 S211
what springs can i buy to lower a c320? i have the c32 amg wheels at the moment but hate the clearance at the front arch.. what springs are out there? also, where can i buy from? I would like a drop or around 30mm so i can still have the mrs and baby in and not hear rubbing etc!!
thanks!!

Brabus dealership in the SE. I am pretty sure there are 4 or 5 regional centres around the UK. Brabus meant to put one in each corner according to the guys at the SE dealership. I would definately rate them above the AMG springs...the brabus drop an extra 10mm and are noticably firmer through the corners ( having driven the same car with both )

SportsCoupeRich said:
I would definately rate them above the AMG springs...the brabus drop an extra 10mm and are noticably firmer through the corners ( having driven the same car with both )

Did you just get the Brabus springs or did you upgrade the shock absorbers too?

I'm running 18" AMG's on my W203 (Elegance) with standard suspension and am keen to get it lowered too. The clearance around the front arch is horrible although the back looks fine!Was originally thinking about Eibachs or AMG.

had the amg 20mm set up on the car then upgraded to the brabus springs, apparently the shocks are fine unless you plan to do some trackday with the car - and a 2ltr auto isnt really my idea of a trackday car.

The brabus are more expensive but they do sit a lot lower than the amg, and i am more inclined personally to put high end brabus stuff on the car than eibachs, IMHO.
The front is where i really notice the difference...especially due to the way the 203 coupe 'lerans' fwd anyway, looks mean :)

I own a c32 and wanted to lower it, i looked everywhere for a set of springs that would marry the std shocks perfectly, i also wanted to lower approx 30mm.

After a lot of research i finally bought a set of renntech springs cost me £326.00, but that included shipping too as they were ordered from the states, hope they arrive this week and ill post a few pics, spossed to be the dogs boll***s. : rock: :bannana:

andy_cyp said:
I own a c32 and wanted to lower it, i looked everywhere for a set of springs that would marry the std shocks perfectly, i also wanted to lower approx 30mm.

After a lot of research i finally bought a set of renntech springs cost me £326.00, but that included shipping too as they were ordered from the states, hope they arrive this week and ill post a few pics, spossed to be the dogs boll***s. : rock: :bannana:

Just beware If its a W203 model - that when you change the front springs / struts you will need a MB spring compressor as the struts are quite different to other cars.
The strut does not have a retaining nut on the top so if you release the big nut inside the engine compartment "only" the weight of the car holds the compessed spring in place - be very careful !!!

Gunny

Last edited:
Gunny said:
Just beware If its a W203 model - that when you change the front springs / struts you will need a MB spring compressor as the struts are quite different to other cars.
The strut does not have a retaining nut on the top so if you release the big nut inside the engine compartment "only" the weight of the car holds the compessed spring in place - be very careful !!!

Gunny

YIKES !!!!!!!!! IT IS A W203 MODEL.....

gues :mad: ill pay some one to do it then, rather than risk braking my jaw. :eek:

Eibachs are supposed to be very good for handling, ride and quality. I remember helping a friend fit some to a customers track e36 m3 evo. So they can't be bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom