W203 MAF sensor clean

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by EricManchester, Apr 14, 2014.

1. EricManchester

EricManchester New Member

Car:
    C200
    My W203 was fitted a K&N filter before and recently it developed some intermittent stalls; which mainly happened just a few seconds after start/restart the engine; both cold and warm starts. After reading a few threads, I suspect that it was due to a dirty MAF sensor as the oil from K&N could mask the MAF sensor.

To start it simple, I plan to buy a MAF cleaner spray to clean the MAF sensor first. However I found that it would be a bit too difficult for me to remove the entire airbox from the car and take it apart to get the MAF sensor cleaned..

Instead, I am wondering that if I can just open the air box and spray the cleaner in it? OR what is the simplest way to get the MAF cleaner cleaned in the W203?

Many thanks in advance!

2. miro

miro Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W203 slightly modified
    You can also try spraying from across the street.

3. Simzy

Simzy Banned

Car:
    C220
    Don't do that . Take the top of the box off the housing the maf is attached to it. Then spray it with ecc, make sure there is no dust and put it back. Don't spray any on the filter itself . With regard to the k&n filter has it made any sound difference or performance difference !!?

4. OP
    OP
    EricManchester

EricManchester New Member

Car:
    C200
    Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean that I can take the top of the box off/remove the air filter and spray ecc into the housing the MAF is attached to; without removing the MAF unit from the pipe? Thanks.

Regarding to the K&N filter, I feel nothing significant was happened. Well, arguably a little bit more power on motorway; but I don't know if it is just the placebo effect.