W203 Manifold leakage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Strider

Hey! Everyone, As you may have already guessed I'm new here. Didn't knew there was MB club forums up untill now.. :p

Anyways, I have recently been told by my mechanic that my Exhaust manifold has a small leak which could become quite a big problem in the future. I have been searching around the net to find a suitable deal on Manifold both New and Used.
I've come across a few but now I need some expertise insight into whether they will fit my C200 (2002) Komp model or not.

One of them is from C230 Komp Model:
Mercedes-Benz CLK 230k Kompessor Manifold on eBay (end time 12-Jan-11 13:47:34 GMT)

Another one from a brabus engine (I know its gotta be different but it looks somewhat similar):
Mercedes W203 C Class exhaust manifolds as new by: Mercedes - Jacks

Been at this for over a week with no solution. I don't like driving my car when I know there is a problem.. just doesn't feel right. :( Any advice will be hugely appreciated.

Thankyou
Sid

And I am not sure that the first one will either.

Post up your chassis number and I will look up the correct part and part number.

I think the part you need is A111 140 4209. You should check this PN with your mechanic. I see a part of this number on German ebay for EUR 79.

The labour cost for this job will exceed the cost of the used part. I think you should get the mechanic to source the part and install it for you.

ty for a swift reply.
Mechanic is only able to suggest a brand new part worth around £400 (estimated) and so I ventured on a path to find a better deal online.
I'm guessing the item from the link I posted in the previous post isn't useful either?
Can you post a link to the German Ebay plz. I wasn't able to find it but maybe its due to bad translation by google. :confused:

ty again for the link OzC36.
I've sent them an email to ask if they ship to UK. Hopefully, I will receive an email soon.
Just out of curiosity, shouldn't that manifold from the c200k fit my car too as they're practically the same engine?

cheers
Sid

The Ad for the manifold from the c200kdoesn't quote a PN, so I can't make a useful comment one way or the other...

Thanks a lot for the quick reply again. I've just ordered it.
Really appreciate the help I have received from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom