w203 MB handsfree kit (origional)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daniel

Car
w203 220 CDI
Hello, first post so hi to all.

Great forum, loads of info thanks to all!

I've a w203 (2001) i'd like to add OEM telephone controller and bluetooth to. According to the bible site: "mercupgrades.com" the part numbers are something like A230 820 42 26 but I also beleive there are "upgrade kits" witrh different part numbers. Anyone know?

There are several on eBay and elsewhere, for example part # B67875705

For others referance, this is the page with controller part numbers:

Mercedes Phone Systems FAQ

Finally, anyone suggest an alternative, like Parot 3100 + UNICAN ? Any others?

I am basically wondering if this kit will get me 90% of the way: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MERCEDES-C-E-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item563a6ce1f1

Last edited:
The B67875705 only gives you access via the instrument cluster and phone buttons and has great restrictions on what cradles works. (I dont know what bluetooth adapter works with it for instance)

Assuming you have COMAND, then "proper" solution is to add a fibre-optic phone system with the same controller as per factory fit and gets phonebook etc into the COMAND screen as-well as the clustler..

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits :: Phone retrofit kit for D2B based cars

I'd put the UHI connector in the main glovebox and add a MB-2 - unless you really want the connector in the centre armrest...

Naturally, a bit more expensive though .. as you've discovered just the controller on it's own is £312

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
Hello Richard, thanks for the useful info. I had stumbled accross your site, and in reality I was looking to spend a little less than £400-£500, but as you say this is the "best" option.

Hi I installed a parrot MKi9200 with unika on a w203 2003 with audio 10 and and cd changer it all works fine pretty straightforward to install

should say it also gives you ipod and line in also usb and sd card total cost was £230.00 it did not need any adapter harness

I am obviously ressurecting an old post here, but....

....does anyone know whether this kit will work on a W203 with the comand II system?

Assuming it does, does it require harnesses to install it and are there any guides on the subject of installation.

I have also got a Merc iPod kit to install and am thinking about doing it at the same time. I got the guide for installing this of Mercupgrades.

:thumb:

err....possibly....now you mention it :eek:

It's the DVD based system in a w203 '55 plate, so that's the NTG2 isn't it :confused:

Thanks for the heads up.

I have noticed the kits at Comandonline but it's £500 for the module and I haven't been able to locate an installation guide.

I got my iPod kit for £110 off eBay. Genuine Merc, new and unused.

I guess if I could resell the iPod kit for £100 I could consider getting the MCar Kit for £500 - if it's something I could fit myself.

Has anyone fitted an MCar Kit to a W203 with NTG2??

Do you still need to get the car coded via a star machine to accept the mCar kit as with the Ipod kit (save me £60 if it doesn't)?

Does the iPod still connect to a cable in the glovebox using the mCar?

As another option - does anyone know if the mki9200 + unika works with the Comand NTG2 system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom