W203 new turbo - white smoke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tzman

Car
W203
Hi guys, I'm new here.

I have problem with my W203 C200 facelift, my turbo wasn't working like it should due to broken inlet shutoff motor.I bought new turbo and inlet shutoff motor and now everything works great but I'm getting white smoke while accelerating,there weren't any white smoke before . Does anyone know what can be wrong with it ?
My car is in service garage for 2 weeks now and I can't wait anymore.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Was the old turbo bypassing any oil? Has the intercooler been checked and cleaned out? I always remove all induction pipes and intercooler and clean as best i can to remove any oil that may be lying in there, you could also have oil in the exhaust but usuelly will burn off in time but probobly wont do the cat any good.

No, old turbos activator didn't opened flap and that was the problem, no smoke or anything like that.Intercooler and EGR are cleaned.This started happening right after putting new turbo.
My mechanic told me that one injector is stuffy, can this be the problem ?

Impossible for me to say you could try a leak of test on the injectors to determine if there is a fault with one of them its pretty easy to do. But double check all the pipes are fitted tight one of the jubilee clips may be slightly loose, check air filter if it was fine before your gona be very unlucky for an injector to fail while the turbo been replaced. Get your machanic to read live data to see if there is somthing amiss even tho no error codes may be showing. No offence its easy for someone to say i think its this or this but its your money he may be wasting and iv lost count in how many times iv been asked to look at cars,tractors, trucks and the basic tests aint been done. Good luck pls keep me postsed

Impossible for me to say you could try a leak of test on the injectors to determine if there is a fault with one of them its pretty easy to do. But double check all the pipes are fitted tight one of the jubilee clips may be slightly loose, check air filter if it was fine before your gona be very unlucky for an injector to fail while the turbo been replaced. Get your machanic to read live data to see if there is somthing amiss even tho no error codes may be showing. No offence its easy for someone to say i think its this or this but its your money he may be wasting and iv lost count in how many times iv been asked to look at cars,tractors, trucks and the basic tests aint been done. Good luck pls keep me postsed

Ok an update
Injectors cleaned, installed and coded to ECU..now there is no any smoke but car thorttle respose is huge, when I press full pedal it needs about 3-4 seconds to rev to 2k and after turbo is on its still the same not any faster.Also there is wierd sound under the hood.
On star they are getting low pressure - 1,2 mbar

I'm getting really sick of this car, before inlet shutoff motor changing I was driving it 210 km/h on highway easly and now it wont go over 60 km/h
Dont know if mechanics broke something but its not good.

So far they've done:
- New turbo
- New inlet shutoff motor
- Cleaning injectors,EGR,Gas pump,CATs
- New MAF

Last edited:
Wierd sound and low turno pressure-check intercooler pipes!!

Pipes and intercooler checked and its not problem with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom