W203 No instrument cluster light control or interior light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C230kompressor

Car
1997 C230 Kompressor SPORT(SOLD) ---1993 C180 ESPRIT(SOLD)---1989 190E Cosworth REP(SOLD)
Hi guys I've got a bit of a problem I noticed yesterday when I got in my car
I notice that there is no cluster display at all not even warning lights when I just turn the ignition on! I've got no control of the headlights there on all the time and no wipers! The car does start and drive! I've checked all the fuses there all ok has any one else had this problem?

Thanks in advance

Right after looking a some pics of the front SAM wiring and layout I'm wondering if I have lost an earth or possibly the SAM it self is faulty! Does anyone know where the earths are for the Front SAM?

The symptoms you describe are the same as when you disconnect the instrument cluster. So likely that you've either lost the fuse to the cluster, or the cluster died.

Richard

richard said:
The symptoms you describe are the same as when you disconnect the instrument cluster. So likely that you've either lost the fuse to the cluster, or the cluster died. Richard
That's what I thaught to start off with but iv got it booked it for a code read on Tuesday! See what that comes back with

UPDATE:
So this morning I go to the car an the cluster is all working! And all the warning lights are on lol
Took it to have it code read anyway. Loads of fault codes due to me checking where there was power.
Most of the codes were low voltage. So they cleared them and so far so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom