W203 OEM Mats or quality replacements?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avonpalmer

Car
C180
I got a nice thick OEM velour set a few years ago from eBay after being dissapointed with after-market mats. Now it seems I can't find OEM mats anywhere.
Does anyone have a source or a recommendation for a brand that is OEM quality?

Four years ago, I bought a set of 2,930 gm/sq m woven wool car mats from QTMDirect2U for a W209 and was very pleased with their quality.

Unfortunately, they now seem to have dropped this material, and the closest I could find on a recent search was Prestige quality 3050 gm/sq m from The Prestige Car Mat company (Tailored Car Mats | Custom Made - Free UK Delivery | Prestige Car Mats). I haven't seen theirs, so cannot recommend, but might be worth checking out.

KARO(カロ)

How deep are your pockets? :D

I fancy a set for my W202 as I've always liked the look of the chequered mats you sometimes see in old Jap import mercs!

Been very happy with the set of these I bought for my E Class 18 months ago :

carmats4u.com | Mercedes C Class (W203) Platinum Car Mats (2000 - 2007) - Mercedes C Class (W203) 2000-2007 - Mercedes C Class Car Mats - Mercedes Car Mats - Tailored Car Mats

If you get the “platinum” ones you can ask for paper templates to be sent to you beforehand. I modified mine extensively (including adding material where I wanted extra coverage) and then sent them back. Made to order for a predictable fit and very good quality materials.

Classicmecedesmats.co.uk might be worth a look. Not cheap though.

Classic Mercedes ribbed mats or valour.

I like the OE ones myself

Check a few Merc dealers for prices.
Use 7zap online to find original part numbers from your VIN.

I got a set of 4 for the w203 coupe from the dealers for around the £70-80 Mark after having OEM sets only last a year or so before looking tatty. The genuine dealer mats seem to be much more hard wearing.

They are much more hard wearing :)

My W203 came with a decent set of tailored mats but as always they (driver side) started to deteriorate mainly at the fixing points, then my dad scrapped my old w202 and the genuine mats I bought 10 years ago were one of the bits I saved and they still look great you'd only think they were a year old.

I steam cleaned them in the summer for the sake of it and they look brand new, better still they fit my W203 .... who knew!

Definitely worth going for genuine. Incdently on zap7 did you see the rubber taxi cab ones that cover almost every inch of carpet I'd love those when I take the kids out :p

Usually the right foot (heel) wears out a patch on the driver’s mat. To combat this, I have placed a small thick rubber mat on the top portion of my mat, just for my heels. I have been doing this for years and my driver’s mat (in any car) have never had a worn out patch.

I’m after a set of genuine mats for my R129 in a cream colour if anyone knows of any... no luck on eBay !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom