W203 Onboard Computer cannot find the "Convenient/ce" option in the Settings menu...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

u01vfc8

Car
C180 kompressor W203
Anyone can explain why I cannot find this option in the onboard computer as I am trying to set my folding mirrors to fold automatically when I lock the car and deploy back when unlocking...It is a 56 plate C180k SE Elegance. Thanks. :confused:

Thanks for that. Any ideea why this options are not already in the Settings (as per Owner's Manual). Did the previous garage did something stupid and desabled this?

Its not a standard option. Once this option has been enabled using the star computer, then you can turn it on or off as you desire.
But it first needs to be enabled. A reasonable MB dealer or well equipped indy should do this for you for nowt at the next service.
One further point. Once you have this option enabled, the mirrors dont fold open upon unlocking, they unfold once the drivers door is opened.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I think this option was installed already as I remember when I bought the car 2 days ago the mirrors auto unfolded without me touching any buttons. But how do you see (without star diag machine) if this option was switched off anyway ?

Its not a standard option. Once this option has been enabled using the star computer, then you can turn it on or off as you desire.
But it first needs to be enabled. A reasonable MB dealer or well equipped indy should do this for you for nowt at the next service.
One further point. Once you have this option enabled, the mirrors dont fold open upon unlocking, they unfold once the drivers door is opened.

Why on Earth this menu is not full as I have the auto folding mirrors anyway. Can you have the Tyre Pressure and Engine oil level activated as well or you need other sensors installed for that?

Auto folding mirrors are not an official option on the C class. It has to be coded, usually MB will not do this.

You may have the one touch fold option on with the button by the light switch.

Once it has been coded the Convenience menu will display the option to enable or disble the folding on locking.

Engine oil level is standard and available under the mileage menue. You must have been parked for >5min for this to work (it will advise this)

Tyre pressure monitoring may be possible depending on the ESP firmware. It has to be coded, again MB is unlikely to offfer this.

Contact comand.co.uk for all coding options. They are the experts in this.

Auto folding mirrors are not an official option on the C class. It has to be coded, usually MB will not do this.

You may have the one touch fold option on with the button by the light switch.

Once it has been coded the Convenience menu will display the option to enable or disble the folding on locking.

Engine oil level is standard and available under the mileage menue. You must have been parked for >5min for this to work (it will advise this)

Tyre pressure monitoring may be possible depending on the ESP firmware. It has to be coded, again MB is unlikely to offfer this.

Contact comand.co.uk for all coding options. They are the experts in this.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I appreciate it. What about cornering lights, as I see that you have this done on your car? Do you need xenon headlamps for that, am I right?

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I appreciate it. What about cornering lights, as I see that you have this done on your car? Do you need xenon headlamps for that, am I right?

No you don't need xenons for the cornering lights option. On the C class cornering light function is performed by the fog lights. It's a simple coding thing but once done can only be switched off by recoding.

MB say you need xenons only because the fog lights that come with xenons have a much wider beam pattern. I had the coding done and it worked fine but the effect wasn't dramatic.

I then had the fogs replaced with the correct type and Wow! what a difference. I find it a really useful option. Especially when negotiating dimly lit car parks and the unlit winding driveway to my appartment :)

Thanks again Whitenemesis, but that means you need to have the fog lights on all the time while driving in the dark. Are those not meant to be used in the fog conditions only? I thought the main head lamps are the one to move side ways...bi-xenon type...

Thanks again Whitenemesis, but that means you need to have the fog lights on all the time while driving in the dark. Are those not meant to be used in the fog conditions only? I thought the main head lamps are the one to move side ways...bi-xenon type...

No, the fog light only comes on when the steering wheel is turned past a certain angle or if the indicator is used (right fog for right turns etc. When in reverse the opposite fog comes on. The fog light snaps on but fades out). Both these conditions only work at speeds below 25mph

Where are you based ?

Can you advise ind to carry out work?

The indie will need to have a STAR machine and a very good knowledge of coding these "unofficial" options

If anywhere near west London try comand.co.uk. Few can match their expertese where STAR coding is concerned :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom