W203 parking brake cable replacement in East Midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teeeck5

Car
2003 C180k Coupe
Hello guys

My w203 has the intermittent rattle when driving around (30-45mph). Most people say it's down to the parking brake cable hitting the propshaft.

Have taken the car to a number of mechanics who have inspected the prop centre bearing and concluded that its fine.
Anyway a few weeks my timing chain snapped and I took the car to an indie in Nottingham.
I then asked them to look @ the handbrake cable as well...BIG MISTAKE... I went from a working handbrake to no handbrake at all! Despite my handbrake being functional when I took it in , they said my cable was snapped. To top it up, they said my prop centre bearing was at fault (the same bearing 3 other mechanics inspected and said it was fine!!)

As you can appreciate, my confidence in them is a bit low. Though their workmanship is great, I question how they are diagnosing my issues (and breaking my cable without anything as much as an admittance!). It almost seems like they are just quoting the parts that milk out more ££££££

Having said that (ranting over lol), can anyone recommend a mechanic/indie who can replace the brake cable @ fair prices in the Nottinghamshire area? Most mechanics are saying they can't do it because of how the cable goes around the car.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom