W203 phone prep wiring help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tailoutcharlie

Car
W203 C280
W203 C280 Aventgard 2006

As per these two images;
Imgur
Imgur
I believe my car has factory phone preparation? I am not interested in getting this system working as it is so old and out of date. However I am hoping to install a modern bluetooth receiver in the central armrest area and was hoping the phone wiring may contain a switched 12v live for me to power it with?

Can anyone confirm this? or better yet provide a wiring diagram.
I have tried the search function but can't find anything relevant.

Many thanks

Which 'modern bluetooth receiver do you have ? I would be interested in one that can stream music as well as the phone, how will it interface with the steering wheel buttons ?

I have an MB bluetooth receiver in the armrest, later today I might be able to which is the check the live feed . My car is 2006 C-class S203.

Which 'modern bluetooth receiver do you have ? I would be interested in one that can stream music as well as the phone, how will it interface with the steering wheel buttons ?

I have an MB bluetooth receiver in the armrest, later today I might be able to which is the check the live feed . My car is 2006 C-class S203.
I have just bought a generic receiver from a company called TAOTronics on amazon. It won't interface with the cars steering controls as unfortunately they are too old for that, it is a small round device that you can mount wherever you like and has a mic built into it.
You just feed it 12v power (or use lighter socket) and it has an cable that is plugged into the cars AUX socket. In my experience the connectivity systems on these older cars tend to age really quickly and you are best just using more modern equipment. I used one of these
in my last car and the audio quality is far better than anything but newer cars systems as it uses bluetooth6. The mic picked up my voice better than the inbuilt mic in my mondeo even form the centre console where it was mounted.

I just chuck my phone in my pocket or wherever with a playlist playing and you can skip tracks etc form the unit.

I hope that all made sense and thanks for your reply.

You could pop the cover off the end of the dashboard on the drivers side, options there for 12V pick up and the TAOT could just sit on the dash in the corner of the windscreen maybe ?

Have you got the 3.5mm aux plug in your glove box ?
Nope but I have the wiring for it under the door sill. I've just got the cable from MB with the 3.5mm female AUX socket so I'm going to route it under the passenger seat instead of up to the glove box. I need the bluetooth unit in arms reach as you can use it control the audio on the phone, also need to keep the mic close for calls.

Not sure if we're allowed to post links on here but this is the one i've used and it I was very impressed with it in my previous car. Bluetooth Receiver, TaoTronics Bluetooth Car Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Shame you have already got the cable, I have a brand new on unused in the original MB pack that I do not need .

Just in case anyone else ever needs this information. Upon inspection it turns out the power wires are fairly obvious and easy to identify on the first two pins. They also supply a constant 12v feed which is possibly useful.

I rigged up the connector under the passenger side floor aswell for an auxillary. Bluetooth I use is kinda ok for music but the volume is rubbish and the mic is useless really. I'm kinda interested in trying this £19.99 one. does it amplify the music/phonecall so the volume on stereo is louder ?

I rigged up the connector under the passenger side floor aswell for an auxillary. Bluetooth I use is kinda ok for music but the volume is rubbish and the mic is useless really. I'm kinda interested in trying this £19.99 one. does it amplify the music/phonecall so the volume on stereo is louder ?
Yes I've found the volume through to the unit is a nice high volume. It pretty much matches with the volume of the radio and CD etc which is handy. I don't use it much for calls so can't really remember how good the mic is but my wife seemed to be able to hear me fine when she rang the other day. I guess it will depend on where you position it. I've stuck it to the central console between the shifter and cup holder in the flat empty area. Honestly I've been really impressed with it, I would have been happy paying twice the asking price. Just remember if you get one and want to hardwire it in you'll need a 12v to 5v 2A step down gizmo for the power (I found one on amazon for a fiver). Worth it so you don't have to use the cig lighter all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom