W203 Pre Facelift - Windscreen Wipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes W204 C220cdi Estate Ford Fiesta Mk 4
Did a forum search but found nothing so....

Is it possible to change from original spec arms and blades to the high tec new ones without any technical issues? All advice appreciated.:thumb:

Is it possible to change from original spec arms and blades to the high tec new ones without any technical issues? All advice appreciated.:thumb:

Yes, it's absolutely possible and it's a relatively easy mod to carry out. I've done this on my pre-facelift W203 and believe I have the part no's somewhere. A worthwhile mod but relatively expensive as it is new arms as well as the blades...

An alternative may be the aftermarket flat blade kits but the Mercedes approach is much neater.

A bit off topic but was wondering how you got on with your body work issues? did you manage to get mercedes to fix under the 30 year warranty?

I have Bosch Aero Flat wipers on both the ML and C. Not as neat as a full conversion, but these look pretty good, and perform well.

Last edited:
anyone with pictures with the wipers fitted

Here are some pictures (finally!):

CIMG0001.jpg

CIMG0002.jpg

Hope this helps...

A bit off topic but was wondering how you got on with your body work issues? did you manage to get mercedes to fix under the 30 year warranty?

Sadly not - change of personnel at dealer and new ones not interested in forwarding to head office for consideration:(

Yes, it's absolutely possible and it's a relatively easy mod to carry out. I've done this on my pre-facelift W203 and believe I have the part no's somewhere. A worthwhile mod but relatively expensive as it is new arms as well as the blades...

An alternative may be the aftermarket flat blade kits but the Mercedes approach is much neater.

Seen the pics of the Vito so thanks but any news on the part nos as MB seem unable to help? Was it just purchase the new variety and swap them for the old ones or is it more complex than that?

Seen the pics of the Vito so thanks but any news on the part nos as MB seem unable to help? Was it just purchase the new variety and swap them for the old ones or is it more complex than that?

Here you go:

2005+ Aero Wipers

A203 820 28 44 Off side Wiper arm
A203 824 06 49 Off side Wiper arm Cap
A203 824 06 49 Near side Wiper arm Cap
A203 820 38 44 Near side Wiper Arm
A203 820 14 45 Wiper Rubbers (x2)

I did this mod about 5 years ago so the part no's may have changed since, however this should give you a starting point...

Worth checking Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape too as well as your local dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom