W203 problems?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J411MME

I drove my car a couple of days ago and noticed the fm radio was not working. My cd player is still working but on fm radio theres no sound unless i turn the stereo right up then i can only just hear sound. Eventually it came on and started working fine until today when i drove the car and its just not working again. Then also i was on the motorway doing 70mph when the ESP fault came up on the dashboard, it has done this before but if i switch the car off and back on it clears but its staying on all the time now. Then to top it off the coolant level warning and the washer fluid warning also came on so i checked the levels and there both fine. This does clear when i switch the car on and off but has come back on again every now and again. The car is a W203 2000 C200 Kompressor. If anyone has had the same problem or knows the cause of this answers would be much appreciated. Thanks Jamie

I got the car four wheel aligned and the front wheels was way out and after about 15 mins of driving the ESP light has now gone off. I also got the car on a snap on diagnostics machine as my engine management light was on, it came up with misfiring on cylinder 3. I got the codes cleared and the light went off for a few days but now it has come back on again. The car is running fine and doesn't seem to be misfiring. Does anyone know what might be the cause of this? Any replies would be appreciated.

not sure on the petrol models specifically, but I'd guess a starting point is checking the plug (knackered?), HT lead (shorting?) and coil pack (dropping voltage? over heating?) for cylinder 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom