W203 rain sensor not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mullinsj08

Car
Mercedes C200 Kompressor
Hi all

I have a 2003 Mercedes C200 Kompressor with the Elegance trim and option 345 for the rain sensor. The automatic wipers work extremely intermittently unless I'm using main beams, then they work flawlessly.

The sensor has been replaced and the windscreen cleaned/polished but this hasn't changed the situation at all.

Is there anything else I can do/check before I take the car to someone who has STAR, please?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all

I have a 2003 Mercedes C200 Kompressor with the Elegance trim and option 345 for the rain sensor. The automatic wipers work extremely intermittently unless I'm using main beams, then they work flawlessly.

The sensor has been replaced and the windscreen cleaned/polished but this hasn't changed the situation at all.

Is there anything else I can do/check before I take the car to someone who has STAR, please?

Thanks in advance!
The sensor often needs re-calibrating after being changed.

Do you have the automatic headlight function a well?

Have you had a windscreen replaced at all or do you jnow if it is a genuine windscreen fitted ? The reason for this is over on the passenger side at the bottom is a code and this will need to be used to re calibrate the rain/light sensor. Some none gen screens dont seem to have this and this can effect the light transmisson and also how sensitve the sensor is to rain droplets

I'm not sure if the windscreen has ever been replaced but it looks to be a genuine one. In the bottom corner of the passenger side, it has a small Mercedes logo and says this:

Shatterprufe
43R-00087
DOT 122 M39 AS1
VSG WD 2121
3 . . . . . .
Then a bar code.

Yep that looks correct im sure if you go to an indy and ask them to recalibrate with star they can use that to tell the rain light sensor the correct values. Was the sensor replaced for a gen sensor or a second hand part ?

Excellent! I'll get that done after xmas. I replaced it for a second-hand part of the same part number that was there before. The OEM for the part is Hella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom