W203 - rattling in the back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
There's a rattling sound that comes from the back seats (oo-err) whenever I hit a bump in the road. It's quite noticeable. I've checked the headrests are not loose and they seem to be ok. Is there anything else that can make this rattling sound ?

culpano said:
There's a rattling sound that comes from the back seats (oo-err) whenever I hit a bump in the road. It's quite noticeable. I've checked the headrests are not loose and they seem to be ok. Is there anything else that can make this rattling sound ?

spare wheel not secured?

Center seat belt if it has one. Could be rattling under the rear seat squab.

culpano said:

Check the rear interior lamp - mine has the rear PTS display on it as well and yesterday evening I noticed a rattle coming from the rear and I was not even going over a rough road surface! Some how the housing unit is a bit loose on one side and I have pushed it back into place and it appears to have resolved the issue but is not as tightly/firmly seated as the other side and was not like that prior to the service...:confused:

I had a similar problem and the car went back to Mercedes time after time and I put bits of foam and bluetack everywhere and slowly drove myself mad. To their creditiIt was finally diagnosed as faulty shocks which they replaced under warranty and instantly cured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom