[SOLVED] W203 rear back plate renewal

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by tcb180, Aug 10, 2015.

1. tcb180

tcb180 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes E320 Auto
    How to replace the rear back plates on a W203 without stripping the hubs out.

As we know they rust and the handbrake shoe retaining springs drop out causing a horrible feel to the handbrake plus funny noises as the springs float around and the shoes lean out into the drum / disc.

Jack car up chock front wheels. Remove caliper and brake disc and also the handbrake shoes,noting which way around the springs go. Always nice to take a few pics as you go.

I then set about cutting the old plate off. Starting with a full hacksaw then using just a blade in a gloved hand to finish off the task.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=52476&stc=1&d=1439219865

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    tcb180

tcb180 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes E320 Auto
    Sorry guys hoped to wade into this but having problems finishing thread and posting pics. Not what I wanted to end up with sorry.

3. Ricks Cafe

Ricks Cafe Member

Car:
    E250 coupe
    Hope you will be able to post how to do this as I (and many more I would imagine)have the same problem. Good luck.