W203 Rear Bumper Adjustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkP80

Car
ML350 Grand Edition
Hi guys,

After a bit of help with the rear bumper of my W203 C180 saloon. I suspect it has had a nudge at some point in its life - it belonged to a friend's father before me - and the rear bumper is misaligned. It's a bit high, such that when I close the boot, the edge of the boot lid is in contact with the top edge of the bumper. So, I'd like to lower the bumper by a few mm.

I've looked at the official MB instructions and it shows a couple of bolts which should be used to adjust the height - but I can't find them! I've got all the inner trim off etc, and I've tried loosening the main bolts (11) but there's no play in the height with this.
Main nuts.JPG
Here's the pic of the adjustment bolt - can anyone tell me where to find them?!?!
Adjustment Bolt.JPG
I've been under the car and can't see them there either. I feel somewhat stupid, so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
MarkP

Well, I've been in the boot, under the car, had the lamp clusters out, you name it, and I'll be blowed if I can find these blummin' adjustment bolts! I can only conclude they don't exist!

MarkP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom