W203 Rear Coil Springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick5

Car
W213
Hi today got the MOT done but advised to change the both rear Coil springs as they are rusty can be snap.
What you guys advise to get Genuine merc or from eurocarparts Sachs Coil Spring
Thanks

Either MB or genuine Sachs springs will be suitable.

However, ECP have the rights to the Sachs name in the UK and I had an issue with them last year when I needed rear coil springs for my W209.

As there are different springs required, depending on the weight of options fitted to your car e.g. sunroof, air conditioning etc, I wanted to cross check the manufacturers part number against the Sachs online catalogue. I called ECP to get the Sachs number for the W209 spring they were offering and the number quoted bore no resemblance to any Sachs numbers.

I didn't like this, so bought genuine MB springs.

I subsequently found out the number they had quoted was a Lesjofors number, not a Sachs number.

Lesjofors are very good springs by the way,have those fitted on my 211 for 3 years now and no issues or ride height change

euromerc has Genuine Coil springs lot cheaper then merc but never ordered from them
any idea are they good?

Please do a search on this forum before ordering from Euromerc.

You may be one of the lucky ones, it seems to be pot luck as whether you have a successful buying experience.

Codger thanks for your reply if euromerc are not v good then no point ordering from them.
Genuine merc are expensive eurocarparts Sachs dont know whether Genuine Sachs or not what else option i have soon iam traveling back to Highland and want to get it done before i travel.

Mick5 - I guess if you are short of time, then Eurocarparts Sachs will do. If they are genuine Sachs, then no issue, if they are not, then I expect them to be of satisfactory quality, as with the Lesjofors parts they quoted me.

By the way, Eurocarparts state you need to identify your particular springs through the Mercedes EPC (Electronic parts catalog).

If you wish to PM me with your VIN, I can try to identify the correct ones on my copy of EPC.

Same issue on my w203 57 plate avantgarde c-class - passed the MOT today but received advisories for the rear springs being corroded. I started ringing around for parts but everyone mentioned for that model there were several coils available, and to get the right one I'd need to identify the paint marks on the current Springs. That's going to be impossible because the painted coating has almost all come off... I have a vin if anyone can help? Cheers.

Yes, post your VIN and I will have a look tomorrow.

Got the Rear Coil Springs changed from Sachs Eurocarparts drove over 500 miles London to Highland (Scotland) no issue
Many thanks for your Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom