W203 Rear Demister stopped working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

calgonis

Car
C230 Sold / 69' VW Devon Delux camper / BMW M135i
My rear demister has stopped working. The demister button still lights up and after 5 mins or so turns itself off as it used to however no demisting takes place.

I have checked both fuses listed on my fuse box diagram and they are both intact. I have also checked the rear window and there appears to be no damage to the heater lines on the window.

Any ideas before I call in an auto electrician?

there is a switch or resistor that may have gone i cant remember what its called about £50-£60 from dealer it went on my w202 a few years back....

you may be able to find a post on here from my history if you have the time, its a simple swap process..

hope that helps a bit

Raj

Had the same problem on mine, button shows as being on, no faults on DAS and no fuses blown.

Took a while but it turned out to be a melted connector where the screen wiring plugged into the rear sam.

One thing that I always wondered about was I read somewhere that a CLK went on fire in the boot area. Could this be an issue related to this? Who knows never heard anyone else with the same problem.

I got into the car tonight and stuck the rear demister on and blimey it only worked.. I had poked around in both fuse boxes for about an hour earlier so perhaps I wiggled something.

Will see if it continues to work tomorrow.

Thanks for your replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom