W203 Rear Parking Sensors stopped working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteJS1

Car
W203 C240 2002
Hello, First post, so apologies if I've posted in the wrong place! I have a 2002 W203 C240 saloon. It has rear parking sensors - I don't believe they're the Parktronic type, as there is no related dashboard display. Instead, when working, there is a simple beep when reverse is selected, and a beeping increasing in speed as an obstacle is approached, ending in a solid beep as the obstacle gets very close.
Suddenly, last week, it stopped working - including the single beep as reverse is selected.

Any ideas? Could I have inadvertently switched it off somehow? Would a single parking sensor failing take out the single beep as reverse is selected as well as the proximity beeping? Could it be a fuse? I have put my hand close to the sensors with the car in reverse and they can be heard making a ticking noise as they are supposed to do apparently.

Thanks in anticipation for any help...!

Hi and welcome👍 I can't solve your problem,I'm sure a knowledge person will soon.

Hello, First post, so apologies if I've posted in the wrong place! I have a 2002 W203 C240 saloon. It has rear parking sensors - I don't believe they're the Parktronic type, as there is no related dashboard display. Instead, when working, there is a simple beep when reverse is selected, and a beeping increasing in speed as an obstacle is approached, ending in a solid beep as the obstacle gets very close.
Suddenly, last week, it stopped working - including the single beep as reverse is selected.

Any ideas? Could I have inadvertently switched it off somehow? Would a single parking sensor failing take out the single beep as reverse is selected as well as the proximity beeping? Could it be a fuse? I have put my hand close to the sensors with the car in reverse and they can be heard making a ticking noise as they are supposed to do apparently.

Thanks in anticipation for any help...!
An update. Firstly , the sensors appear to be an aftermarket set (Cobra?) with no display fitted, only the beeping sound. Also, the heated rear window appears to be dead. I've checked the fuse in the boot (fuse 10?) and it appears OK. Could the 2 probs be linked?

As it's after market you will have to trace the wiring back, it may be fed from the reversing lights as that's the easiest place to pick up reverse signal power, good luck.

As it's after market you will have to trace the wiring back, it may be fed from the reversing lights as that's the easiest place to pick up reverse signal power, good luck.
Thanks. I read elsewhere there may be an additional fuse for the heated rear window under the back seat. Is that the case, or am I confusing it with another model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom