W203 rear washer nozzle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SierraMikeHotel

Car
W203 estate
Hi everyone,

This has been covered a few times on the forum but I can't find any posts with pictures so I'm just curious as to how this should go together.

The rear washer on my 2007 W203 estate recently failed, very obvious that the problem was in the tailgate as it poured water on my head when I opened it! I've taken the trim panel off and found that the hose had popped off the nozzle.

What I can't understand is how it's supposed to go together. I've photographed it as best I can: the attachment on the end of the hose is too large to fit onto the washer nozzle. I thought for a second I could just cut that off and push the hose directly onto the nozzle... but the hose looks too narrow to me, so I don't want to risk it.

I'm guessing a component has fallen off and disappeared but I can't imagine you would need anything between the pipe and the nozzle - does anyone know what this is supposed to look like?

It's not the end of the world as I can always bodge something up with washer hose and attachments but I am curious!

2023-03-18 13.57.44.jpg

Another question on this... does anyone know the part number for the trim fixings that hold the interior trim in place inside the tailgate? They've obviously been taken off several times as the heads are all rounded off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom