W203 Remap Experience...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
update: Science Remap are a disgusting mickey mouse company - Part of me wants to go there and 'sort them out' with baseball bats and I even have a home address of the so called director but me being a father now, I have to go down the legal route and do things properly.

Below is a copy of an email sent to them today:

FAO: Michael Gibson

Earlier on today (Tuesday 28 February 2012) a call was made by my appointed solicitor in a final attempt to speak to yourself directly so that this matter could be resolved before commencing any legal proceedings against yourself as you have failed to reply to any of my previous correspondence which you have quiet clearly received. The employee at Remap Science was very rude and terminated the call and refused to transfer the call over to yourself.

Later on I had also rang your office in another final attempt to speak to yourself so that I could be reimbursed the sum of £200 which I am owed by Remap Science before commencing any unnecessary legal proceedings - an employee by the name of “Saf” was also very rude and swore at me over the phone and he also refused to transfer my call over to Michael Gibson (yourself) or assist with the matter – please be advised that this call was recorded - he then terminated the call and replied “…so what….this matter was nothing to do with me….” and then swore at me .

I am extremely fed up and disgusted with Remap Science and confirm that I will be taking FULL legal action out of principal against yourselves (Michael Gibson / Remap Science) regardless to the initial cost implications on my behalf and I will be claiming the FULL costs back as well as compensation and interest. I will also be posting my disgusting, poor experience with yourselves in full detail on all the car enthusiast forums. Ironically, it was through a car enthusiast forum referral that I first came to hear of Remap Science and got into this original mess with yourselves.

You have failed to reply and respond to my first letter dated 13 February 2012 and my second letter (final warning ) dated 22 February 2012.

If you continue to deny not having received any of my letters (which the first person that my solicitor had spoken to this morning originally denied receiving any of the letters but he then slipped up stating that “the letters had been received” and he then even started to discuss the contents of….) I have therefore electronically attached copies of the letters to this email to further support in Court as evidence that you have had ample opportunity to respond by actually receiving the letters in the first place and have refused to do anything when this matter does enter into litigation and goes to Court

By the way just to let you all know Remap Science are NOT a VAT register company and do not really know how to remap cars - They had botched my remap up by making the boost pressure for the turbo so high it had f@cked the car up.

DO NOT EVER GO NEAR THESE CON ARTISTS.

Really sorry to hear that you've had this experience. Keep us all posted of every stage of what happens and hand this over to your legal representative to deal with. Keep an accurate diary of every visit, phone call, letter and expense along with copies of receipts, bills and anything else that pertains to this case.

Do you know if anyone else has anything to say about them, either way? It's info like this which saves people from finding out the hard way and this company has already lost loads of custom as a result of your posting here.

I'm considering getting my C220Cdi remapped and Angel seem to hold the gold medal so far. Again, this attitude is as a direct result of the posts our members have made about this subject.

We have our Mods and our community to thank for this great resource/ forum.

I had a map from Angel, no drama with the map.
However, the guy turned up in a piece of ****e Alfa wagen that dropped oil all over my brand new block paved drive. I obviously only pinged it after he'd gone.
I belled the office who were totally disinterested. Cost me more than the map to put right!
Pretty poor customer service and a particularly jack attitude from the office wallah.
Makes you wonder what they'd be like in the event of an issue stemming from the map?

reading these posts i'm glad i have never ever planned a remap.if i want to go faster i will buy a stronger car ;).Also does that makes sense to you ? very cheap=useless ,sure there must be a law for that by Murphy

reading these posts i'm glad i have never ever planned a remap.if i want to go faster i will buy a stronger car ;).Also does that makes sense to you ? very cheap=useless ,sure there must be a law for that by Murphy

Erm it was through a recommendation on the Forum by a member that had them do the ramp hence I decided to give them ago - The stock C220 CDI is a very strong car torque wise and has considerably more power/torque than the C200K which is only quick from a stand still as I used to have a C200k and changed over to the C220 CDI BUT the C220 CDI has potential for even more power to be unleashed from its turbo hence the remap - i definitely am getting another remap on the W203 but this time from a reputable tuner i.e. Autologic who make the second best diagnostic software after Star...... After a decent remap I can gain up to an increase of 70Ibs of torque and 175BHP (depnding on who I use) which is more than a stock C270CDI.

You live and learn through mistakes - in relation to your comment about"murphy's law" - why would anyone want to pay more if they could realistically purchase the same product/service at a reduced price and was promised if not satisfied then they would get a full refund???

Its only £200 plus other costs I have incurred but believe me I have passed over to a Solicitor to deal with on my behalf and it costing more for the solicitor (£75 per hour) and I am only doing that out of principle to teach them a lesson and I will get my money back as I have the full details of their so called Director to send bailiffs around after if necessary.

The C32/C55/E55 AMGs for example have plenty of power BUT that is not stopping their owners from remapping them for more power and I very much doubt you could get a much “more stronger car” without doing any form of remap….:rolleyes:

Did you even know that on the W203s the C180K/C200K/C230K are exactly the same engine but just remapped differently by MB….???:rolleyes:

I have full confidence in a AutoLogice remap as they provide full technical support and their diagnostic software for MBs can even code/program Merc keys as well a lots of clever things....

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear that you've had this experience. Keep us all posted of every stage of what happens and hand this over to your legal representative to deal with. Keep an accurate diary of every visit, phone call, letter and expense along with copies of receipts, bills and anything else that pertains to this case.

Do you know if anyone else has anything to say about them, either way? It's info like this which saves people from finding out the hard way and this company has already lost loads of custom as a result of your posting here.

I'm considering getting my C220Cdi remapped and Angel seem to hold the gold medal so far. Again, this attitude is as a direct result of the posts our members have made about this subject.

We have our Mods and our community to thank for this great resource/ forum.

Thanks for the advice mate - I am not denitley 100% sure who to use yet but at the moment Autlogic seem favourite from research - they call it the "Mercedes Perfomance Tuning Progam".

there are mire difference in those engines.just read the relevant datas.Also spending few hundred will not give you the same than a stronger car.chipping or remapping are the cheapskate options in my opinion.but in the other thing i completely agree with you,dont let cheaters rip you off.
Ps.: C200k got enough torque not just from stand still :) for an estate i'm happy with it.

there are mire difference in those engines.just read the relevant datas.Also spending few hundred will not give you the same than a stronger car.chipping or remapping are the cheapskate options in my opinion.but in the other thing i completely agree with you,dont let cheaters rip you off.
Ps.: C200k got enough torque not just from stand still :) for an estate i'm happy with it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I am not a cheap skate by any means and just because someone remaps their vehicle to unleash more power does not necessarily make them "cheap skates" but I respect your opinion - MB offer "performance tuning" ie. Brabus tuning program which involves remaping the vehicle so my question to you now is if someone was to buy a brand spanking new W212 E350 CDI and went for the Brabus tuning programme offered by MB (i.e. remapping the ECU) now would that make them a "cheap skate"???

I am glad that you are enjoying your car as I too had fun with my W203 C200K but in mid range it did not have the punch that I wanted hence I turned to the CDI for the torque factor – because I know that I can get more power and torque from the car I am eager to have it for the fun factor - it is surprising though at the number of remapped cars that there are out there - especially on the BMW forums. I have had in total 4 W203s from brand spanking new and have a soft spot for them.

Agreed remapping is for cheap skates especially those ones that take their Veyron to Mansory, who needs 1109 HP!!!!!!:devil:

can you tell me how much mercedes charges for that? i guess we both know that. and there is a reason why not cheap!

SavMan, they just crazy not cheap as that remap certainly not in the 200£ range.also does that 100hp makes difference above 1000? ;)

Now you can pick up nice W211 AMGs for Mondeo money as they are so cheap......:devil:

My next car is goin to be an AMG and yes I will be remapping that too.....:D

ok! don't forget to go for the cheapest remap :) and cry here if it goes wrong ;)

Erm...... I am not crying as this Forum is to share experience - i bought all my cars from new and yes like most things they have depreciated in value - Autologic are not cheap @ £425 or DMS are £595 + VAT......:)

as it is helpful for us not to step into the same situation like you. after i will buy my mondeo priced AMG no remap will happen ;). and in few 10 years time the weyron will be cheap

ok! don't forget to go for the cheapest remap :) and cry here if it goes wrong ;)

Money is no option for me as I certainly have plenty of it in the bank - its out of principle that scum like Remap Science should not get away with it even though it is little as £200 but fact that I have already started to issue lega proceedings which certianly is not cheap VIA a Solicitor certainly shows people like u that i am not a "cheap skate"....:)

as it is helpful for us not to step into the same situation like you. after i will buy my mondeo priced AMG no remap will happen ;). and in few 10 years time the weyron will be cheap

I really think u need to learn to grow up with your attitude Mr kompressor and fully appeciate and understand the usage of this site as quite clearly you dont - you only have 82 posts and been a member since the end of 2011.

Usage of the site is to express concerns and knowledge with true enthusiasts so that they dont go through poor experiences like I have myself or to gain experience from others on the site - unless you have something constructive to say then don't bother at all Mr "Kompressor" as its a waste of my time reading your junk....

Hi, all i can say is that you should have done more home work as to who to use, apart from that i am 150% with you.

Hope it goes well...which it will.

Hi, all i can say is that you should have done more home work as to who to use, apart from that i am 150% with you.

Hope it goes well...which it will.

I fully appreciate what you are saying that I should have done my homework in more depth but as said before i have learnt from my mistake but am not allowing this poor experience to put me off from remapping in the future.

Thanks for backing me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom