W203 Remap Experience...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, though it is not as simple as that - the engines are similar but not exactly the same, because the superchargers on the 200K and 230K have higher boost pressures, and the engine compression ratios are lowered accordingly to support it. So it's different software but also different hardware.

I appreciate what you are saying but what I was trying to say was that a remap basically unleashes the true potential of a car's power/performance.

I thought everybody knew about the certain Bradford based remappers and how they should be avoided at all costs? :)

I cam across this thread as I was looking to remap my B200 Turbo, found these guys local to me doing remaps for £150! Was just about to phone them but thought Id do a quick search first. Thanks for the write up, here's one more customer they have lost due to the inexcusable way they have dealt with you.

What became of this in the end?

Another quick search leads to this on an Audi forum. This was the first comment on the I came to, lol.

Dodgy arrogant people at a dodgy back street garage in a **** hole area of Bradford, i know this because my mate had his Scooby rolling roaded there, i wouldn't let them remap a shopping trolley never mind a car i've got 13 grand in.

I cam across this thread as I was looking to remap my B200 Turbo, found these guys local to me doing remaps for £150! Was just about to phone them but thought Id do a quick search first. Thanks for the write up, here's one more customer they have lost due to the inexcusable way they have dealt with you.

What became of this in the end?

Glad that you never got duped into Remap Science....:)

Unfortunately, I have had to let it go and have moved on.... - Remap Science are also associated with "Custom Tuning"

http://www.customtuning.co.uk/our_prices.html"

Refer to this thread:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/132424-custom-tuning.html

What map did acid do for you? I'm thinking of maybe getting a euro charged one or kleeman, but they are very exspencive.

Chip Tuning, Tuning Packages, Engine, Performance, Remapping, Servicing, BMW, Audi, Hampshire, UK

He will make a custom map for your car on teh rollers and will also make a pully depending on what you want. A couple of my customers use him and are very happy.

Not at all doubting his capability, but I have pinged him a email over week ago and have not had a response, I could ring him.

Got a quote from kleeman and they want about £1800 quid before tax for a pully and remap.

Eurocharged do a 181mm pulley and remote tune for about £700.

I've got one fitted to mine, it's made a MASSIVE difference.

Eurocharged do a 181mm pulley and remote tune for about £700.

I've got one fitted to mine, it's made a MASSIVE difference.

Sounds good Marty. Do you think you can keep up with a e46 m3? I had a realy good chat with savman ( top bloke ) about tuning he recomend three tuners which were acid/euro charged, ray west and kleeman. Im inquiring with these three.

Also do you think a crank pully or a supercharger wold be best?

I've never run head to head with an M3 but id like to say it's quicker :)

Eurocharged only brought out the supercharger pulley this year I think so it wasn't available when I ordered my crank pulley a couple of years back. I suppose a supercharger pulley would be easier to fit though :dk:

What map did acid do for you? I'm thinking of maybe getting a euro charged one or kleeman, but they are very exspencive.

Mine was just the "Performance Remap" and nothing else.

Have a word with Acid and they will look after you and I am confident that MSL will do you a good price too - by all means shop around and then make your decision.

A remap would take my B class to around 235bhp which is appealing but the stories you read (not just here) and the insurance hike is putting me off. It just seems more hassle than its worth for a few extra Gs.

Does every one on here inform their insurance company of mods fitted to their cars?

Whats the point of paying a premium only to be no better off than before you paid it? That is very expensive just avoid ANPR cameras, better of just going the whole hog and sticking false plates on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom