w203 RHS door mirror replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonygima

Hello,

I am swapping an original drivers side glass mirror which has gone cloudy with a non original (no auto dim) one on a C 180. This has the heater strip on the glass and two connector pins on the plastic back plate; however there only seems to be one connecting block attached to one spade connector coming from the mirror housing. Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Tony

On w203 The auto dim mirror has different connections to the non non dimming one, autodim has one connector with 4 wires, standard 2 small spade connectors.

On newer cars (like w166) they have 2 different connectors for the 2 functions

R

On w203 The auto dim mirror has different connections to the non non dimming one, autodim has one connector with 4 wires, standard 2 small spade connectors.

On newer cars (like w166) they have 2 different connectors for the 2 functions

R

Actually there are 3 types of W203 dimming mirror.
- Before 2007
- After 2007
- CLC R171 glass

Sadly they are not interchangeable as the connectors differ. The number of heater wires vary also. One version has one wire on its own and another version has 2 wires for glass heater.

It gets very specific.

Thanks for the replies:thumb:

I have managed to pick up a genuine Mercedes glass mirror froAny idem a C180 W203 2002 model. Mine is also a 2002. There is a connecting block with a single wire on my mirror housing ending in a small spade connection with a very small spade at right angles to that! Any ideas?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom