W203 Rotor clarification

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scottie

Hello all,

My W203 ('56 C230 Evo Pan) recently started showing the brake wear error. I took it into Mercedes on Monday and they quoted a ludicrous amount to replace the pads and discs. On querying the amount they said I had the sports pack (949) and thus more expensive discs and pads. Anyway I managed to talk their price down to something more reasonable (although still somewhat costly) and had them do the work.

I've subsequently read around these forums and they consistently seem to suggest that the sport pack should have drilled discs and writing on the callipers. My discs are not drilled and nor were they prior to the work being done. I've asked Mercedes to provide the exact part numbers they replaced and installed but am I right in saying it's highly unlikely that I have the sport pack and could Mercedes have used this as an excuse to charge more?

(I have checked my VIN on the Russian site and it does claim I have 949 which confuses me even further).

Cheers,
Scott

Google brakes international then download there catalogue its quick then search for your car all sizes etc on there.
From memory my old boss got himself a new 2004 c270 with the sport brakes and i think they were drilled but this was a few years ago so poss wrong.

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom