W203 Run flat indicator saves the day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisGUK

Car
C220 Cdi Sports Coupe
When I took my 2007 W203 220 CDI coupe back to the dealer after a month to sort a few niggles I asked for the run flat and no KPH/temp display mods to be programmed.
They did the run flat but not the KPH/temp display.
This weekend a red display appears saying check tyre pressures and even though it wasn't visible one of the rears was down to 15 PSI thanks to an embedded screw.
This is a great safety feature and is already built into the car so why isn't enabled on all cars?

It is an option even though it needs no additional hardware and just needs to be enabled on the cluster. On the pre-facelift W169 this option costs £40. On the post facelift however it is standard.

A main dealer wont enable the KPH/temp mode for you. It is known as UK mode deletion, best of asking an independant with STAR, or Alfie / Richard from Comand Europe in Woking, Surrey can do it for you too.

Last edited:
When I took my 2007 W203 220 CDI coupe back to the dealer after a month to sort a few niggles I asked for the run flat and no KPH/temp display mods to be programmed.
They did the run flat but not the KPH/temp display.
This weekend a red display appears saying check tyre pressures and even though it wasn't visible one of the rears was down to 15 PSI thanks to an embedded screw.
This is a great safety feature and is already built into the car so why isn't enabled on all cars?

I think it was a marketing decision not to enable it. It was a £50 option in the W203 brochure. whenever we code a car at a customers request we enable it as we troo believe its a very useful safety feature.

Was that the case for all models ? .... for example a 2005 C350 Coupe that didnt have that option selected at purchase ? .... if so i might get you to sort mine when i come down and see you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom