w203 running bad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e300

Car
2002 ML55 AMG
Hi, my brothers 51 plate c180 advantguard 2.0 manual isnt running very well, sometimes revs fluctuate at idle and he says its stalled twice on full steering lock, got 3 codes on a cheap reader, p010x, p011x and p030x

i think 1 is maf, which he unplugged to check last week, another a miss fire which it had before plugs were changed but the last one something to do with the IAT sensor? Would a bad sensor cause the kind of problems hes having?

Yes it could do, the IAT sensor is used to determine the amount of fuel to be delivered with the incoming air, if it reads the air to be warmer than it actually is then the engine will run very lean and may give the symptoms you describe. Don't ask me where it is though.

If its the IAT it should be that a black tube goes from air filter box (left) to intake manifold (right). IAT is located on this tube, on the right side. The IAT can go open circuit so its quite likely its borked.

Get a proper Star check done. With this live data it will help to diagnose it. Dont throw parts on it until it is checked properly

Thanks for helping, new iat sensor going on this week, its only £1 so worth a try

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom