W203 S203 Glow plug change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doe1000

Car
A170, C220 CDI
Finally got round to changing my glow plugs.
Took them out and found MB use the BERU. Bought the Hidria version from ECP.

Used a torque spanner and a 10mm deep socket. All was fairly easy thanks to MBCLUB.
thumb_IMG_3045_1024.jpg Tools used.

thumb_IMG_3038_1024.jpg The 2nd was harder cos of the wire and fuel line. I removed just the fuel line.

I set the torque at 10nm to loosen and 15nm to tighten.

Did you do all six and when engine hot? Mine has light on for 30 seconds after start so not sure if plugs or relay. How much per injector if you don't mind?

I bought a BERU from ECP for about 8 quid.
They're OEM, so why use a no-name brand?

Did you do all six and when engine hot? Mine has light on for 30 seconds after start so not sure if plugs or relay. How much per injector if you don't mind?

I have 4 in mine and got them from ECP for less than £7 each. I sprayed with penetrating fluid for 5 days prior to removing. And yes i ran engine for 10 minutes before removing. torgue wrench was set to 10nm.
My light was also staying on for 30 seconds. About to go start it from cold. so will see if it resolved the issue.

I bought a BERU from ECP for about 8 quid.
They're OEM, so why use a no-name brand?

I had no idea the BERU was OEM until i removed the old ones. Am learning everyday. Hidira comes with a 5 year guarantee. so should be ok.

Well just got a brand new beru relay of eBay for £65 which is good. Mine already has a beru one with merc logo on and new sort so not sure if original but it has full mb history and there in no mention of it being changed. Hopefully this solves the light on coming on for 30 seconds after start when cold or I'll be getting new plugs too. New one doesn't have merc logo on but same numbers so should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom