W203 Saloon Illuminated sills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sportedition

Car
C220 CDI Coupe Sport Edition
Ok, I've had my car for a couple of years now and I've decided I want to try and fit the genuine merc illuminated sills.

Does anyone have the part numbers? And some sort of fitting guide? I'm not wanting to pay dealer prices for the parts and I'm struggling to find genuine parts for the coupe?

If anyone has fitted them to W203 coupe and has some pictures I'd appreciate seeing some.

Thanks.

PM sent.
Best place to get them is ebay- dealers often sell off old stock. Got mine for about £30 - approx 10+ X that from dealers. Just keep watching & search cl203, w203, c coupe & c-class.
C-coupe ones are often wrongly listed in w203 & c class saloon listings.

Do you have a link to an example - I can only see AMG ones @ £700 :-(

Only good for w203 saloon models

Heres some pictures of my OEM illuminated sills on the W202:

DSC01984.jpg

DSC01988.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo, me likey. Just what I want for my car!

I did. I was hoping I'd be able to drop on a genuine pair though.

Last edited:
Guys ive been working on making some for mine with the possibility of selling the odd set. i had them working but the resin i used was too brittle. i re orded something much better to use before xmas but still waiting on damn post.
They are designed to be fitted as inserts to existing sils. and youve never seen any thing like them. also working different colours if you likeill post a pic or two.

Just checked out your thread - I honestly like the look of these more than the OEM ones. Personally I prefer the design without the badge lit up - just my preference. I'll be following your progress closely. My only concern, from a novice point of view, would be wiring them up.

Keep up the good work!!!

Euromerc often has genuine kits for sale.

I bought a spare alloy from him when I first got the car - excellent service. I've since bought an A Class (W168) and have e-mailled him twice over last week about a door trim part that I wanted to confirm was the right one for my car before purchasing and I haven't had a reply. There may be a good reason for this but I at the moment I feel its a little disappointing.

I have the part numbers somewhere if you still need them, there's like 4 if i remember correctly, 1 for the door sill covers, and then 3 for the light strips/sheet underneath because it comes in three colours

As for Euromerc, probably easier to give nick a call directly

Last edited:
Hi guys, was going to post a new thread but unsure whether to stick it in 'interiors' or 'electrics' then I came across this old thread I'd posted on ages ago. So hope you dont mind if I add to it. I know many will know this already from reading over on the other side.

Right! Not sure where to start really, but basically I've got some illuminated sills I will be selling. Well more precise the inserts for sills so you dont have to cover your own sills with huge slabs of metal, and instead enhance your own sills by replacing the inserts with something substantially better.

You know how most models have the cheap metal looking inserts that are actually made from foil covered plastic, (try scratching them !) well I've been making proper ones. The intention is they ARE oem sills which you already have but with these better illuminated inserts. Its a bit of work to fit but they are, and do look stunning. And if I say myself far better than you can buy anywhere! And that is an honest but bold claim, because I think they are. Unfortunately this quality and uniqueness isnt ebay prices I'm afraid. But fear not, I know its still rip off Britain but these are good value and made by me. MUCH cheaper than MB and really will make you car look even better.

I've written a long thread with loads of pics and discussion and update on the other side with more detail if interested.

Now they may be too expensive or too much work to fit for some or not. But I just dont know so its now that I find out.

I have a very simple safe fitting and wiring technique I used on my own car successfully and I honestly cannot find a way of making them any better or popular for people without gold plating them. (I could but would push the price up a bit)
I'm afraid so far I have only had my model to work with, a w203 so only have inserts for this model. But I hope to make more as I get more interest. I have a couple of other models in the pipe line.

However for anyone with a 203 who wants to have the best illuminated door sills (that look more stock than oem ) that money can buy, these are the ones. Admittedly a bit pricey still but cant really help that, with out making them for nothing they couldn't be any cheaper and as good, and my cut is minimal. These are made by me here in the UK. And NOT imports that dont fit, or cheap plastic or pressed aluminium.

They are 316 brushed stainless steel with letters laser cut and resin filled. I have logo's (IN THE STYLE OF) BRABUS, AMG and Mercedes Benz and several colours of EL strip. I can supply driver / inverter and loom, thats easy to install from interior light. Or I can supply any combination of bits for you to do your own. (as I have already done all the leg work)

I haven't advertised any yet but need to gauge an idea and feed back. Please have a look at sample pics below.
Now imagine the new plates in YOUR car and then pick which logo and colour you like.

I'm afraid the camera doesnt do the colours justice. They are when lit up, Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, purple and a white with very deep rich colours.

They take about a week to make (for resins to cure) and will be less than 200 UKpound for a complete set.

What do you think ?
Honest feed back appreciated.
Thanks for reading

These are couple of the colours

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom