W203 saloon. Water ingress left hand side of boot.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
2003 W203 Saloon:

During the last few periods of heavy rainfall I have found water collecting in the boot.

The water collects in the left hand side cubby hole / storage area behind the rear SAM and causes the right hand rear indicator to malfunction until dried out.

The boot lid seal seems in good order and all the internal boot panels from the lid down are dry, I cannot find any drain holes to check (are there any?) so am assuming it must be the rear light cluster not sealing?

Is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance.

on my 190e the water used to come in behind the Star on the boot.

I had assumed the water was entering higher up but all trim panels are dry and no water is seen to drip from anywhere.

Rear light cluster seal?

2003 W203 Saloon:

During the last few periods of heavy rainfall I have found water collecting in the boot.

I cannot find any drain holes to check (are there any?) so am assuming it must be the rear light cluster not sealing?

Is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance.

Rear light cluster seal?

My guess at present, not sure if they are available separate from the cluster, I suppose a thin bead of silicon would do the job!

Water leaks are always hard to find, on my last car ( not a Mercedes) I ended up drilling a hole in the boot floor so the water went straight through!!

Pull the boot seal off and check for a build up of dirt underneath it.
I had the same on my S203 and found that the build up of dirt was wicking water into the boot.
Cleaned it all off, reseated the seal and never leaked again as long as I had it.

I have the same problem, same car, same year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom