W203 spring advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

quasarman

Car
C320 Avantgarde SE Estate
OK now that my otherwise solid car has broken its third rear spring in two years :mad: I'd like to get some advice if anyone can offer.

I have a W203 C320 Estate (2002) with factory sports suspension. I'm getting very tired of this recurrent problem and as a result am thinking about aftermarket springs as I can't help feeling that the Mercedes supplied ones I keep replacing with are not manufactured to a suitable standard. In nearly 20 years driving (lots of it spirited) I've never before broken a spring and these certainly aren't cheap to replace every 10 months or so.

Apart from any general advice anyone can offer I would like to ask;

By how much do the factory sports springs lower the car?
Could I fit some progressive springs that would lower less than the above but retain some of the stiffness?
How bad a job is it to do?
Can anyone recommend an alternative that would last a bit better?
How much should I be paying?

Wow that's a lot I know but this problem really has got my back up now and I would love to know if anyone else has found a solution...

Cheers

I think the drop is 25mm. Many fit Bilstein kits (B12 or B14 complete with new shocks) and recommend them highly. Not cheap ranging from £600 - £1000. You need s special spring compressor to work on the fronts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom