w203 stereo install west midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ikilby

Hi all,

Just changed my VW golf for a 06 W203 C-class 200 CDI yesterday and I am loving it.

In the car it is fiited with the Audio 20 which is ok, but I plan on changing this to a aftermarket double din Nav unit.

What I need to know is does anyone know any trust worth installers in the West Midlands?

Otherwise any members with stereo experience want to earn some cash at the end of the month.

Reason I have no idea how the Merc comes apart and I do not want to end up with rattles due to broken clips?

Hi.
There are some great threads in the forum. I used them to install a Kenwood single din KDC-BT8044U. I used the connects 2 branded fascia adaptor as it was the best fit in my opinion but loads of other fascia kits are available, could not find the steering wheel interface in the UK, but still looking. The install is easy if you follow the threads carefully.
Personally I would ask your installer if they have done a W203's/post 2000 Merc's before, if they have not the only sure way to avoid snapping anything and putting everything back in place as it was before is to either find someone that has installed headunits in W203's or spend time and carefully do it yourself.
Once you carefully remove the upper vents using T20 torx head screwdriver(follow threads on here) pull up gear shift surround, remove ashtray and I believe in your case as yours is a facelift you may have 2 T20 torx screws at the bottom of your centre console as well as 2 on the upper switch panel, my prefacelift is slightly different.
Also your advantage by having a facelift is that there are more interfaces available for your car. You will need a can bus interface to allow steering wheel controls, ignition, illumination, reverse, speedpulse. Unless you choose to bring these signals from various places in the car.
Search on here for 'W203 Kenwood' and read carefully, the more knowledge you have the better your install will be, whether you or someone else carries it out. Also go to the mercupgrades.com website aswell.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.
Regards
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom