W203 sticking passenger folding wing mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DevonW203Est

Car
W203 Estate
Hello, had this car a couple of days. Need a few little jobs doing, one of which is the above title.

What’s the best easy fix?

Many thanks

Try lubricating the pivot and gears with a PTFE dry spray (as used on MTV bike chains), this won't attract grit and muck.

So I got the mirror to move, but now it’s not clicking back into place and is now just moving in and out while driving around.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Sounds like it's become 'detached' part of the safety feature.
I had this when a pedestrian fell against mine. MB tech held it in the open position by hand (open button had been pressed) and then gave it a sharp whack (as to open it further) with his other hand. A loud 'click' and all fixed..

Sounds like it's become 'detached' part of the safety feature.
I had this when a pedestrian fell against mine. MB tech held it in the open position by hand (open button had been pressed) and then gave it a sharp whack (as to open it further) with his other hand. A loud 'click' and all fixed..

Well, I tried that. I pushed the mirror towards the front end of the car and the cigs look like they’d had a hammering at some point. Looks like I need to source another one. I’ll take a few pics tomorrow and see if I can post them.

Many thanks for your reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom