W203 Stubborn Leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Capa

Car
C32 AMG
Hello.

I've not long had my C32, but have noticed a leak in the p/s footwell in the boot. I've done a bit of googling, and noted that this seems to be a thing that does happen.

The top resolution was to be the boot seal itself, so I went on and attacked this with plumbers mait. It was leaking, but now that's been stopped. Success? No. So next on the list was the rear light - as before, it looked like this was leaking, so I besieged it with plumbers mait, and the leak was sorted.

However, I've opened the boot today to find this:

IMG-4609.jpg

It seems to be coming in from the front of the car. Having a reach around, it appears that the water is dripping down the 'front' bit of the metal... Insert thing. Kinda where the mounting bolt for the electrical module below is

IMG-4611.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be and how I could sort it? The only thing I can think of is the rear windscreen; are there any drainage tubes I can try to unblock or similar?

Apologies - Saloon, and sunroof.

Sorry - should edit the OP too. Not sure why I used the word 'footwell' this is very much in that sorta weird storage well in the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom