W203 - swap cd changer for a bluetooth module?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JaffaManK

Car
W203 C32 AMG
Apologies but im a total noob here...

I have just bought myself a w203 c32 amg and wanted to be able to play music via bluetooth in my car! From what I have read and understood I have the comand 2.0 HU and I know it is possible to get a bluetooth module that replaces the AUX in the glovebox, however am I right in thinking that only the volume buttons on the steering wheel controls would work? Not buttons like skip track etc? I thought it'd be ideal if there was a bluetooth module that could just be swapped in for the CD changer? because then the next track buttons would be more likely to work right? or is there anything that can be changed for the cd changer, like an ipod connection or something?

thank you guys for helping me out!

Welcome to MBClub, and congratulations on choosing a C32 AMG, an excellent choice.

I'm a little rusty now, but I seem to remember integration kits are available for the COMAND unit in your car, which would enable you to use the controls on the steering wheel and on COMAND itself. I would suggest contacting COMANDonline.co.uk. I'm guessing it will cost £250-£350 for the parts, but they can advise and are the experts art Mercedes retrofits.

Alternatively, I can personally recommend the Anker SoundSync which £12 from Amazon. This has a small controller which you can mount anywhere you like, so you have easy control of your tracks (but not change albums and playlists). There are two leads one is USB and you plug it in to your cigar lighter, the other goes to the aux jack port in the glovebox.

I have an Anker SoundSync in one of my cars, and it works really well. I mounted the controller on the centre console next to my left knee, close to a joint, so all cables are conceleaed behind the centre console. It looks and sounds factory, and the controller is smaller and discrete. It has a mic too, and works really well as a hands free kit.

Have you thought about a Dension gateway module? If your car has a MOST bus then you can replace the cd changer with the gateway and connect IPhone etc directly - it also offers Bluetooth phone integration and all your existing audio controls work as normal.

As it happens....... I have a Dension gateway for sale!

PM me if you are interested

Paul G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom