w203 tail light contact pin needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kokeilut

I have a Japanese import W203 which I have registered in Europe. It has rear fog light on the right side and I need to get it to the other side too because it is required in the continental Europe to have it on the driver's side or both sides. I have checked the tail lights, and tested simple wiring; the vehicle has bulbs on both sides but there is no connector or cable on the driver's side.

I simply connected a new cable from passenger's side fog light to driver's side and it works. However, to create a reliable contact, I need a contact pin that I can insert to the original tail light connector.

Any idea what is the part number of the connector contact pin, and are they available somewhere? It is a simple job and I would not like to install a complete wiring loom when I need a small contact pin only to finish the job.

Why not find a breaker with this car and buy the bit of the loom you need then splice it in neatly by soldering and using heat shrink insulation?

What year is your W203?

I have the entitre wiring loom for the rear lights from one but it depends what year you car is. It's much easier to replace the loom rather than playing around with contact pins. The loom only takes about 5 mins to install (if that!). I would also think it's a more reliable solution.

Also where about are you based in the UK or elswhere in Europe?

Car is pre-facelift, manufactured in 2003, registered in 2004.

Would be happy to consider your extra wiring loom. How much do you ask for it? Does it require coding / STAR? At least jump wiring from the other side works and would be simple to implement. Please also advise how much / which decoration panels in the boot need to be opened to install the loom.

I have a Japanese import W203 which I have registered in Europe. It has rear fog light on the right side and I need to get it to the other side too because it is required in the continental Europe to have it on the driver's side or both sides. I have checked the tail lights, and tested simple wiring; the vehicle has bulbs on both sides but there is no connector or cable on the driver's side.

I simply connected a new cable from passenger's side fog light to driver's side and it works. However, to create a reliable contact, I need a contact pin that I can insert to the original tail light connector.

Any idea what is the part number of the connector contact pin, and are they available somewhere? It is a simple job and I would not like to install a complete wiring loom when I need a small contact pin only to finish the job.
This is an old forum question, 2007. But I'm in the same position, in 2015, wanting to register a UK C Class W203 estate of 2001 (single rear fog light) into France, and I need a left hand REAR fog light, or both rear fog lights.
I can put a link between the two tail-light panels (there's a twin bulb in both) but I'm getting some warning lights on the dash about bulb failure and side light substitution.

Is there a better (but not too tricky) way around this?
Thanks
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom